nberry:
Carlos from Spain:

Nick, are you sure you even want to think about a 997.2TT?  it has all round blistering real-world performance but its about getting the job done and not about bells and whistles, and you have stated before that there is no place there to extract any performance from sportars anymore. Its looks are understated and with a timeless design born from if heritage and history but it does not appeal to you as you have mentioned many times and that all 911 look alike. I'm curious, what has appealed to you in a car like the 997.2TT?

Carlos, but for the points you raise in your post, a 997.2 turbo would be sitting in my garage.Smiley

But the way I see it, I have to make compromises. There are things I do not like about the 458 but willing to turn a blind eye to them. I would have to do the same with the Turbo. More importantly, for some unfathomable reason my wife prefers the Porsche over the Ferrari. Though her views do not persuade me in any direction they are a consideration.

The 991 is also holding me back.Smiley

The 991 Turbo is still a long ways away, maybe 3 years even, plenty of time to enjoy a 997TT and the make the jump to the 991TT or another sportcar.

Still, from what I know from you from all these years in the forum, I would think the 997TT would be too big of a compromise for the things you value most. Its not a car with a great exhaust sound, it outperforms its competitors but with less bells and whistles, its looks are not that exiting to you (you don't like the calssic 911 look), it doesn't play the exclusive game, etc... I just don't think its a car that will keep your interest past the initial novelty period. But hey, everyone grows wiser with the years so maybe you will like the 997TT's virtues...! SmileySmileySmiley

--