artur777:

I am very disstressed after reading your post

thought another forum member KresoF1 who always know a lot about VAG performance cars wrote at the forum that this new DFI engine was capable of 700 PS woth only minor mods...

look at the 9ff and techart tuning packages for DFI TT? 650-660 PS there... are they dumb if we follow your logic? or what? 

Yes I saw the 9ff and Techart packages, and the 9ff one with the standard turbos as well and claiming 0-300 in 26s so real hp Smiley

I can only report what I was told by RS...... I guess one can assume that their (RS's) testing is more demanding, (I think they said 3 days on the engine dyno) and perhaps other tuners have not done *destructive testing*....

We are in a tuning world where Schmirler tells me I am at the limit of hp at ~660/840NM with stock rods on my Mezger engine whereas there appear to be many US tuned 997tts running around on stock rods with up to and over 800 hp supposedly using the cars with no problems....

My take on it for the Mezger engines is that these 800hp jobs are not used enough, not loaded the way one can on the Autobahn in 5th and 6th gear constantly (apart from RC who now apperently only goes to 200kph Smiley)   so are holding together..... The 9ff big power engines one does hear of many problems but I don't know of anyone in our rather small Porsche forums community who has one (same goes for Techart) so any problems go untalked about....

Edit: The destructive testing was a conrod actually breaking apparently....
--

2009 997 GT2 659PS/827NM DIN