intouch1:
Mike S:

Thanks intouch! I appreciate a comments from an owner such as yourself

The G55 is still coming, I have asked them to postponed the build for a few months. I have heard local rumors circulating that MB South Africa, might bring the G-class as part of the standard range available over here in November this year. If that is the case I would make a huge saving on the price.

i wish mercedes egypt would produce a g or an ml as well. here they only manufacture the glk 300 at the moment. soon to be glk 350 and they charge 90K $ for it.

bmw egypt only do the x3 3.0 at 90k $ too. talk about oligopoly.....

i might get a glk nevertheless, as i need a daily beater very soon that i can take offroad, spill drinks and chips in and allow passengers to smoke

The best offroad car for spilling drinks and making a mess in is the toyota FJ cruiser. i remember you mentioned the land cruiser as an option. the FJ is very poplar here and one of my favorite things about it is that you can literally open the doors and hose down the interior, its waterproof !! 

But for Mike i put my vote on X5M, the Q7 V12 is mainly a development in the engine compartment but the X5M has extensive work on it that makes it so much more than an X5 with a big engine.