From recent posts by you, RC and others, it looks like the Panamera is just not the right car at the right price for the German market.  Also, with the German public's view of SUVs (even RC's new choice of the X5M), looks like the Cayenne will not sell well either.  I find it very sad that two of Porsche's newest products apparently do not fit into the German market.  I find it even sadder that the public pressure in Germany is so pervasive that Porsche enthusiasts have to go "undercover" to avoid being criticized or threatened. 

I am not sure yet how the Panamera is now being received in the U.S. overall, or how the new Cayenne will sell, but I can say that my local small dealer had sold nine Panameras from October-January (have not checked back since then), and that SUVs are not detested here in general.  I have driven my CTTS since July here, and have only had admiring comments. 

These seemingly different markets must have Porsche marketers/engineers pulling their hair out.  How to adjust your model mix to suit different markets is a tremendous challenge...