christo:

very nice!

Superb interior!

I pity any person who would have just bought a BMW MX5

I pity any person who doesn't know that this is called X5 M and not MX5. Smiley

The X5/X6 M is still more than a second faster from 0-200 kph, so I wouldn't see why you need to pity someone driving a X5 M. Top speed difference is only 3 kph and in real life, it should be the same since BMW is not really limiting exactly at 275 kph (GPS shows 291 kph for my wife's M3 Cab DKG, limitation should be at 280 kph).

I paid 99000 EUR for a fully optioned X5 M, the same Cayenne Turbo would cost me at least 125000 EUR after rebate.

Looks ? The new Cayenne is definetely looking better than the X5 M, no doubt about it. I knew that more than a year ago, so whats the point ?! My reason for getting the X5 M wasn't to show off but exactly the contrary, to be more subtle. Money of course also played a role in this decision but I think I explained that a couple of times before and I don't want to repeat myself again.

Don't get me wrong: I like the new Cayenne but since it is no surprise to me, you can pity me as much as you want, I'm happy with my X5 M decision for various reasons I explained in many many tiresome posts. Smiley

My next Porsche will be very likely a 991 Carrera S Cabriolet which I'm going to share with my wife but if I win the lottery...here I come GT3 RS. Smiley Again: since I already know how the 991 is going to be, incl. engine/technology-wise, I think I'm going to make the right choice. Smiley 

If the negative public perception of SUVs calms down and if the new Cayenne gets a more positive feedback from the press in the future, I may even get a Cayenne Turbo S again in three years or so.

Til then I'm going to play "undercover daddy" (a nickname I earned more than three years ago Smiley) in a X5 M and surprise many many Porsche drivers on the way. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor 997 Turbo, BMW X5 M (03/2010), BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW