I would not tune the GT2, it just doesn't make sense from many perspectives. The car has RWD, adding more power and torque to it may make it faster on the straight line (not really THAT fast, if you don't care about 0-300 kph performance) but with the downside that it is going to be more difficult to control on the track. Meaning: you're going to be slower.

I just don't see the point of tuning the GT2. Personally, I would add a nice sounding exhaust to it because the exhaust sound still sucks but everything else, leave it like it is.

If you're longing for something mean and fast for 0-100 kph races, sell your GT2 and get the new facelifted 997 Turbo.

Invest the money in driver ed courses and fun with the original car, stay away from tuning.

IF you really want to tune your car, stay away from cheap chip tuning and stick with well known tuners. Right now, I think that Manthey is pretty good and if service is your priority, go to RUF. Just make sure it is a tuner with a local rep, so you have somebody LOCAL to go to if there is a problem. Good tuners also offer a warranty in case Porsche isn't paying for a certain repair related to the tuning.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor 997 Turbo, BMW X5 M (03/2010), BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW