Dubay:

TB993tt 

Thank you  it is me in 6speed  

it seem that most over the forums is looking for more power for the bucks.

The trend over the forums now  a days is the  more power with less $$ tag  So the highest power guy with lowest price tag  wins Smiley 

1-  your post is what i was looking for.  Spacialy  you have mentioned  the high temp that might cuz  the   ecu  to reduse the timing   seem that manthay  also have adressed this issue with his  intercooler 

2- power dilivery is  very very importent   ppl who track the car  can appreciate this alot   i have seen  in the past ppl  with  high Hp  porsche  on the track   thay just seem to be  usless in the corner  cuz no power or throttle  modulation  at all either  full power or  no power  not to mention  the lag that usuly coms with big turbos 

also i have noticed that alot of tuners  use  this boost peak ( map ) kick  to make thier costumer happy  Smiley

3-  as far the price  i think if you take the akrapovic out  the manthey  m600 it seem  that thay have a resnable price   ECU , intercooler , clutch  bare in mine that manthay  akrapovic has 70mm  comparing with the akrapovic  67mm turbine housing  and also that both  provide you with  100 cell cats  and  headers  

Highest power for less bucks is an easy thing to understand isn't it and forums are full of people trying to learn with everyone wanting to believe they have the best bang for their buck !

If you search on here I posted about my intercooler experience...... I have seen Manthey's intercoolers and the cores are nothing special, they probably work better than stock but they will struggle in your temperatures - pics of Manthey intercooler on the M600 below:

Your goal for maximum timing is to keep the IAT below 55DegC so even the best intercoolers will not achieve that in 40DegC ambient but certainly for a price you can keep at 65DegC which will still give you proper power.

I understand completely what you say about power delivery, this is Schmirler trademark in fact one problem RS have is that some customers complain that their cars do not seem "that fast" because they do not spin the wheels with abrubt torque delivery, it is only when timed or raced that the power is obvious....

Price reflects the R&D and reputation of the tuner......

I would say RS are the only company building VTG turbo race engines, Manthey is obviously legendary in racing but they do not race turbo Porsches and as I said their programming is done outside their facility on another Maha chassis dyno FWIW ;)

If you go on Rennlist there are a few guys with the CG/RS 600PS kit who track them, maybe mail them for their experiences ? 

--

2009 997 GT2 659PS/827NM DIN