irehab:

A P turbo engine delivers incredible performance and fun, especially in a Cayenne. Porsche cars are all about handling and I will always choose a lighter P car over a battery  pumped up one!

Thats exactly my point with hybrids. They ARE too heavy compared to the standard model. I also think that this hybrid hype started from a very narrow point of view.

Lets take the Toyota Prius here: I have a customer who drives one, fuel consumption is around 7 liters / 100 km.

Now lets take a modern VW Golf TD or better, a BMW 120d. Both cars develop more power and have better performance than the Prius but consumption is practically the same, even slightly lower. My neighbor drives a BMW 120d and he claims he has a consumption of 6 liters / 100 km, driving it normally without trying to consume less.

The new BMW Active Hybrid consumed around 1.5 liters less on 100 km than the 50i. C'mon, this is ridiculous. You pay A LOT more, get almost 200 kg more weight and fuel consumption goes down by 1.5 liters only ? They must be kidding.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor 997 Turbo, BMW X5 M (03/2010), BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW