Whoopsy:

Should have put the hybrid drivetrain into the Turbo, fast and green at the same time :) The battery can provide power to mask the turbo lag.

Well...there would have been one problem though: development cost. The hybrid isn't as "green" as many people think, look at the X6 Active Hybrid, the latest fuel consumption reports from preliminary tests were pretty disappointing. These cars are way too heavy to offer a considerable fuel consumption reduction.

I still think that the way to go is a very powerful Diesel with huge torque but power output at a very low rev level. I bet that Audi could "tune down" the V12 monster Diesel with 500 HP to lets say 400 HP and at the same time reduce Diesel consumption by a considerable amount. Just imagine a 400 HP "truck" eating up only 8 liters of Diesel on 100 km. This would definetely be something people could rely to from a green conscience point of view.

I know that Diesel engines aren't really green from many points of view but since the whole enivronmental discussion has come down to fuel consumption and CO2 output only, it would be a HUGE marketing success for Porsche.

Well...what do I know...I'm just a customer.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor 997 Turbo, BMW X5 M (03/2010), BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW