dhayek:

Guys, as some of you know, i bought a GTR that needed a gearbox a month ago, i didnt replace the transmission, i opened it, repaired and upgraded it, now i have a tranny that can hold up to 850HP. it was completed a week ago, and i have been driving the car this week its in perfect condition. and those of you who know me know im not biased towards a specific brand. i call apples apples.

i just want to share my impression on the GTR, after jumping out of the scud, the GTR really really impressed me, it doesnt have the sensations, the passion, the sound and all the emotions of the ferrari, but its a surgical precision tool as far as driving is concerned; it has something, a secret somewhere in its awd system, its sick! the gear box is stunning and IMO far more efficient than the porsche pdk, it has zero, literally zero torque loss, turbo lag is non existant. on a twisty road nothing i have ever driven goes as fast or even close... one other thing i like is the Cobb access port, its a great toy. i know some of you will flame me for this, but that's my point of view for this car, its a bang for the buck, and for me a true masterpiece. even though the 458 is due in april, i will keep the GTR, i simply love it.

the outcome of this race doesnt surprise me, and with a better driver the gtr will be in front of the 560 IMO

Dimitri,

I fully respect your opinion although I do not agree with you here.

After two pretty long driving sessions in GT-R(one lasted three days) I still can not prise that car. I respect its technical achievments a lot but, I can not love this car at all.

Since I had a chance to try 997.2 Turbo PDK few days ago I can say that gearbox in new Turbo is far, far better then the one in GT-R.

For me GT-R is something like Brigitta Bugatti-perfect plastic h..ker for occasional f.ck, nothing more or nothing less.

BTW, my friend who own(and is not impressed with it as you are) GT-R thinks that pricewise it is amazing value.  I agree with him. For the money GT-R is excellent car.