Cram:

You know RC. Actually i'm greatful to you for all your research about getting a new car. Cause i'm in the same trip as you. Wanting to change my CT.

But actually by reading your threads and opinions and by the more i go to see differents dealers, like Mercedes,BMW or Audi and lose energies for actually no results cause nothing fit my interess or value. I come to the point that i'm telling myself:

"keep the CT. It can still run 100'000 Km and by the time i'll reach my 200'000 Km maybe i'll be more open for a change"

Besides the fact that I usually don't like to drive cars older than four years (it is a personal thing, I just don't trust technology/mechanical parts too much, especially on a 2.4 ton car running 275 kph), the Cayenne Turbo S attracts a lot of unnecessary attention, which already put my wife and the kids under a lot of emotional pressure. Next time, maybe one of these nuts really goes one step further and does something to my family and not only to the car. Then, there is resale value and maintenance cost. While I can still get 40-50 k for the Cayenne right now, in a year or two, things can look completely different. The next Cayenne generation is due and environmental laws change too. Not even starting to think what happens with a higher fuel price.

I don't necessarily need something new, I just want it for various reasons. Of course it would be cheaper for me to drive the Cayenne until it falls apart, no doubt about it. 

I haven't made a final decision yet but I need to make one soon. If the Cayenne goes, I have to be satisfied and happy with the "alternative". If not, the Cayenne stays. Of course this is a matter of money too. All dealers made good deals but there is no PERFECT deal on the horizon right now (well, PERFECT would be getting 50 k for the Cayenne AND getting 20% on the X5 M for example Smiley). One dealer gives me more for the Cayenne but gives less rebate on the new car. The other one does it exactly the other way around. Of course the dealers need to live too and they don't want to loose money but I also have to be satisfied and happy with the deal.

We'll see...maybe I'm going to drive the Cayenne for another year or so. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor 997 Turbo, Cayenne Turbo S, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW