Dear Rennteamers!

As said in the title...

What may sound like an unusual question to many of you, but I'm really torn between these two cars and can't really make up my mind. Smiley

The situation: I think the latest (and last) evolution of the 997 is a very good car and definitely a typical 911. I guess this car will be remembered as one highlight of the everlasting 911-theme, just as the 993. That does not mean, that the 991 will be not as good or desirable,  but - at least for me - the 997 comes perfectly close to what I imagine when it comes to a modern interpretation of a car like the 911. Smiley

And who knows how much VW we will see in a 911 in the future… Smiley

I guess I could keep this for a longer time and I don’t want to make anything wrong.

So the pros for the Turbo are definitely its sensational performance and the fact, that it probably is one of the fastest daily drivable sports cars you can get. Not that good is the price hike you pay (if specced correctly) and the higher loss you will have to pay for when you sell it (but then I don’t want to sell that car anytime soon).

Advantage of the C4S is the “classier” look, without a wing. I guess it would also be quick enough for my needs, it uses less fuel (not that important when it comes to sports cars, but using 9 litres/100 km when cruising can be fun as well) and the money loss will be lower than with a Turbo.

I’m not interested in tracking this car and will definitely order the PDK. So it would be more of a comfort version of a sports car.

So, which one to take and be happy for a couple of years? Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.