BiTurbo:
fun2k:

ive owned a 997.1 turbo and a 2009 gt-r(both gone sadly).ive driven both cars back to back and from my butt-o-meter i can tell you that the turbo felt a lot lots quicker in a straigh line. The gt-r goes around a corner like its on rails(but its uncomfortable on the road,suspension is very stiff for a road car) much quicker than the turbo(part of the reason is the gtr gives you a lot of confidence when nearing the limit while in the turbo it feels like it will snap out and kill you any moment to an average driver like me :)

i dont want to sound biased here but i enjoyed driving the gt-r more ,i did not like the lag in the turbo(too much lag) and my biggest mistake was to buy an auto which quite frankly felt like a mercedes slush box(maybe thats y i didnt enjoy driving it as much). To me this new turbo seems to have gained most of its time over the old 1 on the straights and also with the help of pdk.also on a damp or wet road(dont remember exactly) the gt-r is worst than 911 turbo,even though i had the bridgstones which are supposed to handle better in the wet,it was not at all confidence inspiring,this fact is also further evident from a sportauto article i read.

Regarding the issue with tyres,yes it makes the biggest difference in handling,but we should only consider the ones which are installed and recommended by the manufacturer at the time of purchase.

Ive been on gt3 forums as much as gt-r and talking about reliability none of these cars(gt-r,911 turbo) are reiliable or track cars anyway.even gt2 or gt3 in stock form will not last long on the track,the breaks crack very easily,the tyres will not last long(80? threadwear).the gtr gearbox  overheats on the track(though i have not experianced this thing as i dont track, only do spirited drives but they still changed my trans oil Twice in 4km(very very expensive) and the breaks cracked,tyres where worn, those @%#$% money hoggers nissan charge to much for service).

My 911 turbo sprung a leak somewhere in the middle of the motorway,engine overheated and had to be rebuilt(this was a brand new car,i followed the breakin procedure too and after just 2000km this happened so dont talk about reliablity issues,every car has it) infact supercars are the most unreliable but ppl still pay millions for it.

I would just like to conclude after going to both the gt-r and porsche forums and going through them quite extensibly both of you are very delusional lol,both of you have the best cars in your own mind so why do you need to prove it?The fact of the matter is that if you have something of competitive nature(cars of relative simialr perfomance in this case) youd like it to be better than the next persons' and this makes you feel better and also to justify your time spent with the car you love or loyalty or whatever and it has been scientifically proven(ok it hasnt im just making this up lol).

ok ok so i made all this up,i have nothing better to do rite now so i wrote all that crap you see above.hehe thanks for your time.

Your 911 turbo was overheating ? you didn't go off-road now did you ?

but then again who in the uae knows how to drive a car without abusing and wrecking it the same year and giving it the same treatment ase a land cruiser pick up

Sorry, but in the uae 80% of the drivers aren't qualified to drive not in a straight line or on the track.

Maybe he used a lighter to overheat the turbo Smiley