Haku:
John H:

Congrats on getting a great car..

Would be interested to know whether your bad experience with PDK was using buttons or paddles?

It's a long story which has led to an extensive discussion on another forum but in short its about my dissatisfaction with a C4S with PDK (buttons - which I actually think are ok) that I bought 3 months ago. I switched from a 997 TT to a 997.2 PDK and as much as I liked the car there was something missing... involvement with the car. For my purposes, my P car is a sports car and should be an event when I drive it, the PDK tranny didn't do it for me. I found it to be super quick but just not as involving as I would like it to be. I'm not going to be able to shift or go as quick as any P car is capable of but I want to have fun driving the car. The PDK'd 4S just didn't do it for me. Hence the move to a GT3. Hoorah!

Thanks for the reply Haku.  I fully appreciate your dilemma with the 'lack of involvement' issue - I've had it myself with previous cars.Smiley

As I'm currently considering a 997.2 Turbo with PDK, I'd just like to know whether you have tried PDK with paddles?  If so, did you find them equally lacking in involvement...?Smiley

Many thanks for your help...Smiley

--

"Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."