I also had the chance to drive a full spec (luxury config, €45k in optional equipment...) Panamera 4S. It had all the tech goodies (even TV) but no PDCC, Sport Chrono nor PCCB.

Well, I have to admit that the car has made a great impression on me. Driving position in a truly Porsche way, smotth ride (very confortable with the air suspension), luxury feeling like no other car I've driven. Performance was enough for Spain (a shame we cannot drive at full throtle on hghways...) and handling was quite good for a car of its size when pushed on flat curves.

But...

a) Didn't like AT ALL the air suspension. Whilst firm on compression, it was too soft on extension. Went to a small fast section of highway that I call "my little Nurburgring" (because of its camber, downhill and uphill profile) and the car was loose on suspension extension. Guess the air cannot hold the car like a good spring setup. It reminded me of a good old Citroen CX...

b) The trunk is way too small for its size. Why Porsche couldn't squeeze five cms on height to make the trunk a decent capacity one its beyond my understanding.

c) Being a four seater is a no-sense. A five seat option should be available for those customers with this need (OK, no four sport seats, but I would care to have a single rear seat for three).

d) The test car had the Burmeister sound system. A complete waist for an iPod/USB input source IMO. Guess that one could only appreciate it with Dolby 5.1 DVD disks. And what about the stupid aluminium speaker frames that reflect on the front shield??? Cannot believe Porsche didn't cure this defect.

In summary, a very good car. It's a shame it is at 8/10 and Porsche didn't go the last mile to round the final product.

--

997 GT3 RS