Mikla:

Turbo and GT3 are not comparable. In my case, I didn't use the Turbo as a daily driver.... but ended up doing 25.000 kms in one year! Did track it a couple of times, and it was awesome.

But the GT3 is better for me, which doesn't mean is a better car. I still believe the Turbo is the best car I've ever owned. On the other hand, the GT3 is the most exciting car, except for straightline power and low end torque.

Agreed mostly and fixed it for you where necessary. Smiley

Really, the GT3 is one of the world's best track oriented cars no doubt, but is too heavy for the current engine. Go to GT3 forum and you'll see occasional heroic efforts to reduce weight or increase engine displacement, etc. In the end though, it will never have the power of the Turbo.

The main point though is as Reginos has pointed out, you can't make simplistic or one-liner comparison between the 2 cars without pointing out ALL the pluses and minuses. For the same reason that I wouldn't go to the Cayenne forum and telll them how much faster my Turbo could take corners. They would throw the 8 pieces of luggages from their car's trunk at me. Smiley 
Also note I haven't even discussed how the fields could be further equalized by a simple track alignment and coilover change. Still doesn't make the Turbo a GT3, but one, I doubt if one is going to pass the other on the track in amateurs' hands, and two, only I could take wife and kids to Chinese in my Porsche. LOL.

--

Regards,
Can
997 Turbo + Bilstein Damptronic ( Review ) + GIAC ECU Tune ( Fast as a torpedo & reversible to stock - Review ) + Cargraphic Exhaust ( Oh heavenly noise! )