trip:

I agree with the need for a luxury flagship ala Panamera Coupe/928 reinvisioned. That is not the debate however. Nor was the debate about which car to better pose in at dinner with the gf or clients. Most who can afford a GT3(RS) can also spare ~$30k for the greatest daily driver/client hauler around, the E39 M5. The argument originated from my objection to the statement that Porsche no longer engineers great cars or that they are no longer leaders in the performance/sports car game. If we are talking about proper sports car dynamics and driving pleasure none of the cars you mentioned in your last post can hold a candle to the GT3. Look at the recent Top Gear mag supercar comparison and their comments on the GT3 vs the exotics it is stacked against. Or ask a race car driver or engineer to drive afformentioned cars and choose a favorite for backroad bombing or track duty. My guess is 99% will choose the GT3 every time. Basically every owner or profesional review out there gushes about how the GT3 is so much more than the sum of its parts, how it is just so "right".

Cars like Gallardos and AMs always have their flaws or leave the driver feeling a tad isolated. With the GT3, every component is honed for fast, fun, efficient, exciting, reliable, safe driving enjoyment, no other purpose. As for the comments on high speed stability/need for the wing. There is a difference between ability to hit 180+ or feeling stable at high triple digits to taking turns at 80+ mph, track performance, and high speed braking. This is where additional downforce is really felt/beneficial. The wing is for handling not looks and it does its job.

+1

Just want to add 1 thing.

997.1 GT3 and GT3RS were almost identical cars; well not 100% but more than 90%.

However, 997.2 GT3 and GT3RS are very different and I wouldn't not buy a GT3 RS unless I regularly track the car. 997.2 GT3 RS becomes a real track weapon.

On the other hand, 997.2 911 GT3 is best sports car for track driving purposes that has ever been produced by any manafacturer if you consider the price, daily driveability, power and track times of this magnificant CAR.

--

ONUR

09 Audi TTS Ibis

07 997 Carrera S / 05 M3 Coupe / 03 M3 Coupe / 96 M3 Coupe EVO (ALL BUT HISTORY)