I'm not sure what sounding special means to you, but you should really try to drive/get a ride in one and hear the engine note above 4000 rpm, it is musical. Comparing race car engineering to road car engineering is pointless. Toyota builds F1 cars, do they compare to their street cars? No. Check out the Porsche RS Spyder and how it beat Lmp 1 cars until the rules were changed if you want to talk about race car engineering. If you read the stigs comments on the v12 vantage in that top gear article I referenced you will see he does not think highly of the car, and it was several seconds slower than the GT3 around the track. No comparison for driving experience but it sounds and looks nice. There is a measurable difference between the way a regular 911 drives and the way a GT3 drives, it is very noticeable on the road. Sound and looks are subjective by the way so I guess we will just have to disagree on those issues. Smiley I think most rational car enthusiasts would praise the GT3's engine note however.