KresoF1:

How about this-when 997.1 Turbo achieved 40.7s at Papaneburg two years ago ambient temperature was around 10Deg Celsius. When 997.2 Turbo PDK achieved 41.9s month ago it was over 22Deg Celsius.

Great detective work Smiley and most plausible explanation so far.
How about the weight difference between 997.1 manual and 997.2 PDK? Which car is heavier? PDK is heavier but 997.2 engine weighs less right?

Outside of top speed, I would  repeat my assertion Smiley that PDK will make 997.2 Turbo something you don't want to mess with. In the first gew gears at least, this thing will be very fast. Bat-out-of-health scary fast! 
PDK provides huge advantage in maintaining boost between shifts and therefore uninterrupted power flow. PDK and a Turbo engine is a match made in heaven; too bad there seems to be lingering issue with driver's involvement for manual die-hard like me.

Off topic but the other thing about 997.2 Turbo that is extremely intriguing to me is that torque vectoring option. Possible revolutionary change and it would not surprise me to see this as an option in all other 911's. Including the GT class. If it helps to control the "happy tail," I can't see why not.

--

Regards,
Can
997 Turbo + Bilstein Damptronic ( Review ) + GIAC ECU Tune ( Fast as a torpedo & reversible to stock - Review ) + Cargraphic Exhaust ( Oh heavenly noise! )