Adam2S:

Well its certainly interesting.

Im ok with the looks but  its not as exciting as a GT3 or a GT3RS to me...  As for value, well if you take a C4S and add X51, ceramics and just about every other option going (including all the full leather exlusive options) you struggle to make the car top £110,000.   So a £25,000 premium for the exclusivity of a ducktail and double-bubble roof is rather a lot to pay.

As nice as it is this car smells of depreciation to me.   Any guesses as to what you might be offered if you bought one and drove it back in say 3 weeks later unhappy with it and wanting to sell it back.My guess would be that they might offer you around £80k for it - meaning I would guestimate a £55k loss on driving this baby out of the showroom.  I just cant see a used one selling for that much more than a very well specced C2/4S with all the toys. £5k-£10k more at most to me....

Actually, it is not a C4S it is a C2S with the C4 wider body.

The fact that only 250 units will be made (compared to 1500-2000 of more recent limited editions) immediately directs to collectors (like people who own a garage full of Porsches) or owners who will keep this car forever and give it to their grandchildren.

Comparisons with the GT2, because of the pricing, are not appropriate IMO because not everyone considers outright speed as relevant. Also the GT3/RS are OTT for many people. Furthermore, not many Porsche owners are such good drivers to do justice to the GT cars' handling/performance.

My main objection to this car is the absence of PDK.  A PDK with paddles and with different, more sports oriented software/modes would have been an ideal way of promoting the PDK system and an opportunity to position this car at the cutting edge of technology. As it stands it is a Carrera S in disguise.

--
It's not where you're going, it's how you get there that counts