I had my test drive today.  Not a bad car, but I think a lot of people (based on my circle of friends) are going to sit back and see what the 458 Italia is going to be like first.  Here is my impression:

+ The sound, oh the sound!
+ Rides much harder than the V8 Vantage, but surprisingly over big humps and bad roads it isn't that bad. Much better than say a LP560-4.
+ Steering feels much better than the V8. It has lost the loose connection feel. Also much more precise in turn in. I think the ratio could be more direct.
+ The optional 1 piece carbon seat is so damn comfortble! I want one on my track car. Got to find out who makes it.
+ The alcantara on the steering
+ The power especially at higher revs.
+ Like the V8, traction is a strong point despite the power. Slides very easily but so easy to control. I felt like a rally driver on a freeway on ramp when I slid the tail out just about 25 degrees and held it with ease.
+ The feel of the carbon ceramic brakes after it warms up.
+ Much improved gearbox compared to the V8. Buttery smooth.
+ "Good value" for money. This is obviously a relative measure, but with that V12 engine, carbon ceramic brakes and carbon fibre everywhere, around $430k driveaway is not too bad. (over here the LP560-4 for example would be another $100k)

- The carbon fibre air vents on the bonnet is way too contrive. Ricey and utterly unsuitable to this car.
- Wheels are not very nice. 
- Interior doesn't feel that special, and some switch gear such as stalks remains Ford focus (Volvo actually) items and looks and feel very cheap. Very very cheap actually. Also the centre console has lost the special touch of the first generation Vantage in my opinion (not bias here!).
- This is the big one - Gearing is far too long! Are they creating a sports car or tourer? Put your foot down in third, and it doesn't go anywhere fast until it hits 4500rpm. To be honest it lost me right there. I had a friend's 599 for an afternoon this week, and everytime I put my foot down, it is wrap speed. V12 Vantage doesn't have that and you really have to be in the right gear and right rev range.