artur777:

Can,

will you finally order 997.2 `Turbo or wait for next generation one?

You have one of the best tuned IMO 997.1 Turbos so it;s interesting to know your approach.

Thank you Artur. There is more than one way to skin the cat but yes, it's true, I am in love with my Turbo. Smiley

As already mentioned, unless you're leasing, IMO there is no reason whatsoever for 997.1 owners, particularly those with manual gearbox, to move on to the facelift car. 997.1 Turbo is still THE FASTEST manual 2+2 in the world!  http://www.supercars.net/PitLane?fID=0&gID=3&tID=10073&viewThread=y (Considering the soft suspension, that just tells you how remarkably powerful the engine is.)

And if modding the ECU is important (near elimination of turbo lag), 997.1 is the clear and obvious choice. When tuners jack up the Turbo's boost, I understand the risks are bending the rods and cracking the block (don't know what this entails but sure doesn't sound like a do-it-yourself repair). I wouldn't want to take this chance.

The intrigue of the 997.2 to me remains a 997.2 with PDK and the Torque Vector option. That Posrche offers these now, and the very little horsepower increase of 997.2, tells me they have decoded the secret to the ring performance of that fast but fat and fugly GT-R: PDK and manipulation of individual wheel's torque (if I understand the technology correctly).
This remains more of a superficial interest though. I still prefer Manual and my only interest in ring time (subjective driving feel to me is a lot more important than ring time; well, unless your job is to race at the ring I guess) is to take the title of outright fastest 2+2 back to my beloved "Porsche Turbo" marque. Smiley That shameful 7:29 claim still irritates me. Kidding kidding.

--

Regards,
Can
997 Turbo + Bilstein Damptronic ( Review ) + GIAC ECU Tune ( Fast as a torpedo & reversible to stock - Review ) + Cargraphic Exhaust ( Oh heavenly noise! )