GT:

Caanga the monoball in the front CAN bring some noise. But then again I drove a GT3 with the tarrett monoball in the front recently and it was perfect. ...

Regarding my question regarding spring rates, I was thinking that maybe I could try 2 way motons that allegedly can be turned full soft in 2 mins for an even softer ride than the damptronics, while still be able to turn them back to hard for a true racing setup. However the HR/Eibach springs that are recommended are I believe a LOT harder than the bilsteins and wanted to find some kind of a compromise.

GT,

Some very good information you posted there. Smiley

Regarding the Moton, I have no direct experience but from what I could read, I am afraid such suspension Holy Grail, perfectly soft for the street and perfectly stiff for the track, does NOT exist. And I personally have not seen a Moton car that claims such capability. Moton to me means a car that will see very little action outside of the race track, unless driver is nutty. (Something which I wouldn't rule myself out... but we digress.)

The Moton setups I've read about use very stiff springs. Not just stiff, but extremely so compared to Bilstein. I mean what are they recommending to you, around 500-600 front, 700-800 rear? (Versus Bilstein 285/570, and stock 996 Turbo 187/340 !!).
I just feel that if you are using soft springs with Moton, it might not be a good idea at all because that's not what it is designed for.

The reason that I think the suspension Holy Grail doesn't exist is as followed (just my 2 cents and more speculation Smiley). Of the 2 main ways to increase stiffness in a coilover:
1. Stiffer spring,
2. Higher compression dampening force,

1 is the "conventional" way, and 2 seems to be what you describing (changing dampening force instead of spring), and is the same thing that PASM is doing. (For those who don't already know, PASM  works by varying compression dampening force, using internal valves that open and close at the push of that button.)
The problem with using the second method is by increasing dampening force too much to compensate for springs that are too soft, there is no more compliance and the result could be an extremly stiff, jittery, uncomfortable car that likes to go airborne. Otherwise known as the flawed design of PASM Sport, First Generation Smiley. Your idea is not as extreme, but the point is, in general I am leary of using dampening force to affect car stiffness too much.

BTW, the only 997 Turbo with Moton that's ever been reviewed is one in California. It was reviewed my Excellence Mag and Pete Stout the editor, who has posted on this thread, seemed to like it a lot. The setup people, I believe (don't have the copy of the mag anymore) is S Car Go http://www.scargoracing.com/ . If you want suggestions, they would be good people to talk to.

Regardless, I would be interested in the result of your experiment. What spring rates are they suggesting to you?

--

Regards,
Can
997 Turbo + Bilstein Damptronic ( Review ) + GIAC ECU Tune ( Fast as a torpedo & reversible to stock - Review ) + Cargraphic Exhaust ( Oh heavenly noise! )