Now that the long awaited paddles are here.. the question is, really.. which is better???Smiley

Porsche has surely presented us with an interesting alternative with the famous steering rocker buttons. 

Arguments stretching over dozens of forums and threads is a small part of customer feedback that twisted porsche's arms to launch this paddle system. It is like 'there you go.. here are the paddles you've been wanting just because bmw, audi, and the rest had nothing better to think of". Also, most new porsche owners re x-bmw or x-audi, so these paddles are important. 

I bet that porsche is still convinced that their copyright rocker button system is more superior. It is actually an interesting argument worth thinking of. Which is better? you can only decide if you try both for a long time (at least 3 months). 

actually it is not fair to say "old" about the rocker buttons, since it is a much newer technology than the paddles. 

I am on my second porsche with rocker buttons, and I have another car with paddles. I tell you with all confidence that my next turbo will probably not have the paddles. Coming out of a corner aggressively with upshifting/downshifting (while handling some drifting) is no joke if you don't have a tight grip on your steering. With the paddles, you continuously need to let go of a tight grip and reach the paddle. also, you may find yourself 'looking' for the paddles in such driving conditions. 

With the buttons, you are driving with a full steering grip with your index/thumb giving you full confidence to change to the right gear, when you need to! The only challenge is to get used to upshifting with you thumb and down shifting with you index. keep it memorized and you will feel the full CONTROL. 

--

MY09 C2S Atlas Grey, PDK, LSD, spacers, PSE

MY07 C2S Meteor Grey (Sold)