Carlos from Spain:

I'm a bit out of ideas guys. I'm looking for very particular car, one that practically 90% of its use will be for just these two things, take me and my family back and from my weekend and holiday house on the country side, and my wife can use for taking my daughter to school (city driving) so it needs to have:

- 4-wheel drive for all season country roads, don't care about ground clearance just 4-wheel drive for slippery slopes and roads.

- Small size for european type city driving, no X5 or Cayenne, etc. even the X3 is a bit too big for what I'm looking for. My wife hates large cars also, I kind of due do too, especially heavy cars.

- Big trunk and with a rear door for easy loading and unloading (carrying luggage and stuff to the house and back) but still small car for city driving. So SUV type rear trunk would be perfect.

- As sporty handling as posible, ex: sportish brand with sport packs options, etc. That means no Volvo or Mercs for example but yes BMW for example. Neither me nor my wife mind stiff suspensions, etc.

- Needs rear doors for easy access to the rear seats for placing daughter on rear seat for example, and should sit 3 on the rear or two child seats, no strict two rear seaters.

- Decent interior and options (ex: leather, etc) and build... no VW, etc.

- We hate stationwagons and small minivans (ex: Merc Class A or B type cars), and should be a car more for the youger type looking car.

I realise its a contradiction in terms in many ways (big trunk but small car, 4wheel drive but sporty, etc, etc. So, this X1 right now is as close as I can think of that fits these needs I'm I right? any better ideas?

--

Despite the fact this is BMW board I will advice soemthing else...

Audi Q5 3.2FSI or 3.0TDI. It is best car in the class. 7speed S Tronic almost as good as PDK. Just, it could be too big for you... It is my next family car.

VW Tiguan 2.0TDI 170hp manual. With decent options pretty good driver. Try one-you may be supriesed. Size wise perfect for city driving.