What amazes me is that Max Mosley - despite his reputation being so badly tarnished by the S&M scandal - still appears to have the power to force through these changes upon F1 before he stands down next year (at least, that's what he said he would be doing during and after his legal battle).

Do you remember how he was persona non grata at Monaco last year? Prince Albert of Monaco did not want him seen there nor did the ruling family of Bahrain want him at their GP race in 2008. This year he appears to be fully rehabilitated.

My view remains that, what he does in his private life is his own business BUT, once it was uncovered, it did affect how people perceived him and, when someone occupies a very high profile public post that needs to be respected, one really needs to be above reproach. Sadly, that's the shallow, superficial, hypocritical nature of today's world so, like it or not, anyone in a public post has to dance to that tune.

I do think he wants to make one big parting gesture before he goes - as his final legacy to F1 - a nice big V-sign to the teams. It's very clever and neatly takes advantage of the global economic recession and Honda's withdrawal from F1. This is despite the FOTA members recently agreeing to various cost reduction plans following Honda's withdrawal.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if he was determined to exact such revenge. And that is why Ferrari suspects, rightly in my view, that Mosley is involved in excessive meddling with the rules.

--

Rennteam Moderator - 997.1 C2S Coupe GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection