Adam2S:
Anne - Yes I have SC+ and I have been driving the PDK car in sport and manual pretty much all of the time since the day I collected the car so far - and I still hate the way it sets off at lights. Its nothing to do with the change from 1st to 2nd, its the way it sets off initialy if you are just driving sedatly around town. Floor the throttle and its very different, and indeed much better but in the city this just isnt viable all of the time. I had initially discounted Sport Plus as a little bit too hardcore as it redlines in "D" mode and its lack of ever using 7th also made me further think it wasnt worth using. That said this weekend Ive been using M mode & Sport Plus and it is a little better than Sport at setting off at the lights, that I will concede. That said its a 10-20% improvement only and the basic design still leaves me feeling that is an automatic box.

A stupid question from me. Of course you have SC+, that is a must on this car. I guess since I´m so pleased myself I try to find explanations to why you experience the PDK so bad and I so good. But then I have never driven a BMW with the SMG2-system, so I don´ t know at all what you are comparing with. By the way, have you tried out other PDK-cars to see that they are the same and that there isn´t anything wrong with yours?

I think you have a very balanced view on this, and I respect that you have different experiences. I´m just trying to understand. Smiley

--

Anne Smile 
'09 997 Carrera S, GT Silver 
x '08 Porsche Cayman S Design Edition 1