I  had a Cayenne turbo and own right now a X6. 

It is clear that the X6 looks fresher inside and outside, the car is much younger. The next Cayenne will look fresher/better and then the next X5 ....

Regarding handling, there is a large difference. The Cayenne was heavy and you feel this weight. The X6 is maybe only 250 kg lighter but the car feels so much lighter. It is nearly like driving a sedan, let´s say Audi A6. 

The ride comfort is in the X6 with 19" much better then in Cayenne - Cayenne was to stiff. As I have now 21" on my X6 the ride comfort has gone - it is like Cayenne turbo normal modus. 

What isn´t comparable is the straight performance. There is no SUV who can beat in this the Cayenne. Twisties on the other hand X6, I like to drive more with the X6 and I feel more secure then in a Cayenne.

Someone said to compare the X6 with Panamera. This isn´t comparable. The X6 is still a SxV, in this case a SAV. The trunk space is nearly the same like you have it in a Cayenne. Four persons travel better in X6 and 5 in Cayenne. You can´t put 5 persons in X6.

--

AM