I don't want to sound like the broken record/cheerleader for RS Tuning but in recent months I too have been revisiting all the tuning options whilst considering the next "move" for my GT2....

RS Tuning programming has to be the gold standard in programming firstly because they are one of very few with engine dyno set ups which can properly run modern Porsche turbo engines and they have the massive experience in building race engines, which means they know exactly just how far they can thermally stress these engines before components start to fail.

For example for the GT2 the maximum power/torque they will sell you without installing rods is 635PS/820NM..... pay the ~10K Euro for Carrillos and you can have 650PS/850NM - a seemingly small increase for a lot of money but is illustrative of how well they know these engines (and how THEIR power affects them).

I don't know the ins and outs of Motronic tuning but I understand that RS had Bosch Motorsport engineers working with them for the Alzen 996tt project so they will have learnt a lot about how the system worked best in terms of managing the thermal limits in realtion to component failure.....

So in conclusion yes I will be using RS for my programming this time but fortunately I feel that the GT2 does not need that much more grunt (the 600PS/787NM will suffice)so it will not be costing me the usual crazy numbers Smiley

--

2009 997 GT2 RS Tuning 542PS/736NM