reginos:
Rossi:
fritz:
ADias:
reginos:
ADias:
reginos:

In the spy pictures the wheelbase of the new car looks longer. I expect that Porsche will move the engine towards the centre of the car, thus having a rear-mid-engined configuration whilst keeping the rear seats.

But if the current car can handle 530PS there isn't a case of correcting anything, just making the best more perfect.

The future will be more about saving weight, efficiency and thus less fuel and pollutants.

Make no mistake... a longer wheelbase (longer than the Cayman) and a mid-engine setup is NOT a 911. It IS a a larger Cayman w/ a 911 look-alike body.

You imply this is good or bad? I am not sure.      

As a 911 fan, meaning a rear-engined design with a short wheelbase I say that increasing its wheelbase and transforming it into a mid-engine setup is bad. If I want that I get a Cayman.

Exactly! Smiley

Moving the rear engiine of a 911 nearer the centre of the car (i.e., further forward) while at the same time lengthening the wheelbase just isn't feasible. Smiley

The position of the engine relative to the rear wheels is fixed within certain limits, due to the differntial being ahead of the engine.

As a 911 customer I want the folding rear seats as additional luggage space. If I want a midengined car, I buy something Italian or a R8 (which has Italian genes as well). Smiley

A mid-engined with rear seats is feasible,like the Bertone Dino/Ferrari 308 GT4 of the 70s.

Ferrari.dino.arp.750pix.jpg

However, I prefer the 911 as it is. Why change something unique?

That's true, but let me put it this way: if I want a midengined car, I want the engine right behind the back, not separated by another pair of seats. Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.