KresoF1:
reginos:
KresoF1:

To clear the things-article in AMS will be positive one. It needs to be positive.Smiley

He just expressed his opinion about Pana. He owns 997.1 GT3 and is a Porsche fan. His second car and daily driver is Audi A6 3.0TDI Avant(with Tiptronic). As a Porsche fan he said to me that he is dissapoited overall with Panamera.

Your friend what disappointed but it would be helpful to know what his reference point was.

Was it the S class, the Maserati, the 612, the Carrera, GT3 or what? It would be enlightening to know on what car(s) his expectations were based on.

With expectation that Panamera will fullfill according to Porsche very extensive press material. In that press material Porsche expects that Panamera will beat all cars that you mentioned plus some sporscars(AM for example). His reference point in Panamera case do not exist since car is aimed aginst very wide competition according to internal Porsche sale material(very, very wide competition).

Panamera Turbo should be something like BMW 750i and Porsche 997 Turbo in ONE car. Just according to his opinion-750i is better in his own merits(comfort, trunk size, overall space and incognito factor, pricewise as well) and 997 Turbo is simply in all another league in terms of drive dynamics and roadholding.

He even said one not very nice thing about potential Panamera Turbo buyer:"Topaz Brown for Heino fans..."

From what I understand the Panamera is basically addressed to the sports car driver (perhaps 997TT and higher or even 997S) who has to have the extra space whilst sacrifising the least possible feel and involvement.

The 750 is a great technologically advanced limousine but it is not in the same segment IMO. Besides the BMW looks as if they took away all its soul. The shape is very generic and not exciting; you go unnoticed in it, which might be OK in germany but in other places people (rightly or wrongly) like to show off. So you might also get Panamera buyers who know nothing about cars and the NBR times etc.  but just want to be conspicious.

--
It's not where you're going, it's how you get there that counts