Porsche West London very kindly lent me an RS60 for a day last Saturday, because of my interest in purchasing a 987S.

The Result: I have put down a deposit for them to find me my ideal spec car in the next 3 months! :-)

I have to say that the 3.4 987S is absolutely stunning in it's all round performance - I could not fault it at all! I have driven a few nice cars briefly (Murcie, 430 Spider, 997 GT3, 996 Turbo, etc) and the Boxster S is up there as one of the best and most fun cars I have ever driven!

My thoughts on the options:

1. PASM - A MUST HAVE IMO as the car handles like it's on rails and the ride is much nicer on London roads in "Normal" setting on 19s compared to a Non-PASM car on 18s (they let me drive one of those on the same morning I picked up the RS).

2. PSE - OMG! 2nd and 3rd gear through the Hatfield tunnel, and the sound in general is very addictive!

3. Thicker sports steering wheel - loved it!

4. Sports seats - After actually using them for 24 hours I realise they are great and very supportive!

5. Bi-xenons - the RS had normal lights and they were not significantly better than my Golf with Philips Xtreme Vision bulbs (seriously!) - so I would buy a car with Xenons for sure.

6. PCM sat nav - I couldn't figure out how to use it!

7. Stereo - it was awful! Not sure how good the BOSE is but I would definitely go for a stealth aftermarket job (though I hardly used it and preferred the engine noise!).

I would not have been able to make an informed decision on these options if OPC West London had not been so generous in just giving me the keys and saying "see you tomorrow"! Great customer service... And they know how to sell car for sure!! It's going to be a painful 3 months but I hope to join the fold soon! :-)

PS: I'm also glad people call this the "poor mans 911" or dismiss it as a "girls car" - if they knew how great it was they'd be much more envious!

IMG_0178.jpg

IMG_0180.jpg

IMG_0182.jpg

IMG_0183.jpg