wtsnet:

And being as Parkers are giving a part-ex price of £13,500 at the moment!.... Yes, you read that right. That's about £34k drop in 4 years. Maybe I'll just keep it!

Smiley

Residuals have fallen through the floor. Smiley

BMW keep pestering me to do a deal, a couple of weeks ago just to humour them I said OK, I'm interested in a new 135i come up with the PX deal. I was told they'd give me £23k (as a favour)? for my 06 Boxster S 3.4 with 15k miles even though Porsche dealers within their group wouldn't bid more than £17k. And that's a £30k drop in 2.5 years!  Smiley I declined their very generous offer!  Mind, that's less of a drop than if I'd put the same money at the same time into the stock market and I get a lot more enjoyment out of the Boxey! Smiley

The only way to get a half decent price is to px against a new Porsche (not an option for me, sadly - other priorities now) or go through all the hassle of selling privately.

So my car's a keeper. Always planned it that way so no big deal. Had a wonderful top down chilly early morning blast to work yesterday - wind where I used to have hair - PSE bellowing off other vehicles and echoing under bridges  Smiley - today I'm in the 123d, good car that it is it feels so stodgy after the Boxster!         

--
Boxster S 3.4 06 Cobalt / Ocean Blue BMW 123d M Sport 08 Le Mans Blue / Lemon