secondc4s:

Thanks for the replies. Not sure how to describe what I like or dont like about stock. I am OK with standard on stock, but still feel the car doesnt "take" bumps but "hits them". Regardless of setting I dont like the way it takes bumps. Really like the expression "creamy"...

Last (?) question: how is the firmness related to ride height? Are they directly coupled or (somewhat) independent?

Is there a simple way to try? Is the ride comparable with that of the GT2?

--
997 C4S - PSE; GT Seats; white side markers; red tail lights

Firmness versus ride height for Bilstein: If you stay in the middle of the recommended range (approx. 10mm to 25mm lowering), there should not be much change in firmness.

If you lower the car too much, you risk hitting the internal bump stop -- bad. Conversely, if you don't lower it to the specified range (i.e. keep car too high), I've been told the risk is coil binding, resulting in car being too stiff.

Not sure if I fully understand you regarding the bump, but for the record, I should say that I have no problem with PASM Normal in the C2S. I think it's very well set up for a daily driver. But this is just a matter of personal preference; certainly YMMV.
Just a question though, what are your tire pressures? Are you at "Partial Load" setting with TPMS differential reading all zero? In my Turbo, I could easily and readily feel a 1 PSI increase and I think this is an issue that's neglected too often in suspension evaluation. The tire pressures must be set within recommended range or all bets are off. (For the audiophiles among us: This is like the stylus of the turntable. Most critical component and determines how the system sounds. But I digressed. Smiley)

Test drive? Unfortunately, for what I consider to be a true test drive (extended driving at, er.. a "decent" speed, hopefully over a few days), I think it's not going to be easy. OTOH, you are close to Sharwerks (Alex Ross, who posts here), one of the most trusted names in the Porsche community in California. Might want to give him a call.

Versus GT2? I drove the GT2 but unfortunately at the time my Turbo was not fit with Bilstein yet so I did not have a direct comparison. Based on what I know of spring rates and my memory, I would say the Bilstein NORMAL setting is a tad softer than GT2 NORMAL. And again, even in the mighty GT2, I find the stock FIRM setting to be jittery and too stiff and have little doubt that it could be improved upon. It would not surprise if someone were to tell me the best time for the GT2 at the ring was achieved with the Normal setting. IMO, PASM FIRM the first generation is a useless setting across all 911's and should have never been released. Just my 2 cents and I wonder if anyone at Stuttgart agrees. Smiley      

--

Regards,
Can
997 Turbo + Bilstein PSS10 (Review) + Cargraphic Exhaust (Heavenly Race Car Noise Smiley Review)