ALDO:

You are totally  wrong when you compare  MB CLS with Panamera. With 1.85 cm height you have a problem in MB CLS. In Panamera you can sit with 1.94 cm! I mean rear seats. The leg space is larger then in BMW 7-class (not the long version).

--

AM

ALDO:

I believe the Panamera is 196" long, that's  9' shorter than a S-class and more than that than a LWB new 7. It's still 4" shorter than the SWB new 7. But it's 3" longer than a CLS.

It's wheelbase at 115" is also 9" and change shorter than the S-class, 11" shorter than a LWB 7 and almost 6" shorter than the SWB 7. It's 2.5" long than a CLS.

From just the dimensions point of view, Panamera is between the big sedans and the mid-size ones, it, however  is closer to the CLS than even the SWB big sedans, no matter what Porsche or other claims.

I had already posted earlier I believe in the other thread that the rear seats have more head room than the CLS, no question about it but the width and leg room is not comparable to the big ones.

As I drives a CLS55, I know what size the back seats are and judging from the pics posted of 2 persons sitting the in rear seats, it's apparent that although the rear is roomier than the CLS, it's still no S-class nor 7, especially whenI just sat in the new 7 a couple days ago. It's probably more inline with the E-class for rear room, no shame as the E-class is really quite roomy.

There is also no denying the fact that the Panamera and the CLS shared the same coupe-ish profile, 4 door coupe/sedan and high performance engines. One could say the Panamera is a slightly bigger version of the CLS but with a much bigger price tag comparable to other top sedans from Germany.