Rossi:
Gnil:
Matt C:

So,  Gnil, given that you had to order your next 911 right now, would you order PDK again?

--

Matt C
2005 997 C2S / 1988 911 3.2 Conv.

I would not order the car now, I would wait until july to see if in MY10, they come up with a better setting for the PDK. If not.....Smiley It would be a very hard choice, but  I would probably go back to the 6 speed manual.

--
 997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm
Anyone already knows if there's a chance of a PDK software update for MY10? Smiley

Could be of some importance for me as well. 

--

Back again!  Smiley

In short NO. And I think that puddles are not the problem but, overall execution of PDK. Do not get me wrong here-IMO PDK is currently the best DCT(did not tried Cali) just, some shortcomings are apparent.

My PDK impression based on drives in Carrera S and few days ago in Cayman S:

1. Standard mode real name is City traffic IMO. Punto like throttle response combined with very soft gearchanges. Nice for heavy traffic-BUT, NO Porsche feeling what so ever.

2. Sport mode is standard one for me. Works very best in D and is actually good for almost all drivers. Fast gearchanges, nice downshifts and very good throttle response.

3. Sport Plus mode only for spirited driving on mountain road or track. Works equally good in D and M. Actually, I prefer Sport Plus for M. Very fast gearchanges. Just too agressive for normal to fast driving.

4. Take off without LC. Hmm... Not as good as with best autoboxes a la new Jaguar XKR. Here PDK is just good.

5. 7gear... NO use in Sport or Sport Plus modes. Look at PDK as 6speed with Overdrive.

6. Intuition... Here AI in PDK even in Sport or Sport Plus modes needs to learn a lot. Sometimes it holds low gears too long. Example-downhill fast drive on curvy road...

7. Puddles... I can get used to them as well as to complete PDK interface. BUT, for Ferrari driver for example some accomodation time is needed.

8. Reliability... I also experienced shifting in Neutral without any reasons what so ever with test Carrera S. But, no problems with Cayman S...

9. Reasale value... Much better since 80% of all 997.2 Carrera/Targa models are PDK. Also, around 70% of all FL Boxster/Cayman models will be PDK.

10. Belive it or not-PDK works better in Cayman S then in Carrera S. Somehow it feels more right. I looked at gearing and to my supriese in Cayman S there is a difference in gearing  between manual and PDK(big one in fact) unlike Carrera S where PDK and manual are almost the same(just add 7. gear for PDK).