Ferdie:

Bang&Olfusen has a very different intention when it comes to media reproduction than the typical audiophile companies such as Burmester. You get so much more than a good sounding system. If that is one´s only concern, there are a variety of good and expensive products on the market.

Still I am quite surprised that Burmester was contacted for this assignment but it should fit the target group for the Panamera. He certainly wasn´t chosen for the Veyron by coincidence either.

By now, there are some very decent sounding systems available as a factory install and if one factors in the price  I would choose them without hesitation. I briefly listened to the B&O system at its presentation a couple years ago and, albeit complaining on a very high level, I felt it to be a bit sterile. Could be the settings but I have yet to find a car media system that sounds as warm, homogene and clear as a proper home stereo.

Of course, B&O cannot match a proper home hifi system. It is just the best system (from the factory) available for cars - to date Smiley I look forward to testing the Burmester system in the Panamera Smiley