RC:

Just in case this hasn't been posted, here are the 0-200 kph (125 mph) performance figures:

Panamera S - 18.5 sec

Panamera Turbo - 13.9 sec

The Panamera S performance figure is a bit disappointing, the track handling should be however better than the competition.

For those who don't understand these numbers: the Panamera Turbo is aprox. at par (performance-wise) with the BMW M5, E63 AMG, etc. The old 996 Turbo was slightly slower, aprox. 14.6 sec. from 0-200 kph (125 mph).

Considering the fact that the Panamera Turbo costs a lot of money and considering the fact that it is a new car, the straight line performance figure isn't too impressive either, I expected more. At par with the (older) competition is not enough these days I'm afraid.

The Panamera Turbo S, if it comes, will have aprox. 540 to 550 HP. Due to the lower weight, a 40 HP power difference is more effective on the Panamera than on the Cayenne. It should be able to hit 0-200 kph under 13 seconds which is OK. The price tag however will be beyond good and evil, somewhere between the 997 Turbo and GT2. Ouch.

Regarding a possible top model with 600 HP, this is going to be very likely the Panamera GT or RS (name apparently not clear yet), putting out a whopping 600+HP, maybe using  a V10 engine. I doubt however that it is going to be the Carrera GT engine 1:1.

Rumored price tag on that one...a breathtaking +210000 EUR.

I can already see the sales figures after one year over here in Germany: bestseller...Panamera V6. Second year bestseller...Panamera Diesel. Smiley
--
RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor 997 Turbo, Cayenne Turbo S, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

Very Interesting. That means the Panamera turbo is also on par with the 580hp RS6 (also AWD). If these numbers are confirmed by the press I am pretty impressed. Then we would just have to wait for the powerkit (550hp?)...