I was reading my old magazine the other day and came across Audi RS2, one of my all time favourite family car.  In 5-dr wagon form but yet compact enough to be very close to what a sports car should be like.  A concept that I was hoping Porsche will use when they annouced Panamera.  Well instead of a sports wagon, we have a limo. 

I was actually quite disappointed when I found that Panamera is a limo-size car.  There is already the Cayenne for people who need big car.  I think Porsche should compete in the M3/AMG C-class/RS4 segment with Panamera.  There are a lot of people who like to stay with Porsche or join the Porsche family, but need a 4 door for yonng kid(s) (who like my son is about to out-grow the back seat of my 968 which is the same size as 911) and really don't need and don't like the idea of driving a big vehicle.  Porsche may have made a SUV as sporty as anyone can ever imagine and they may done the same with Panamera on a limo, but the limbo handling (much more so than absolute speed IMHO) is what make driving a sports car so much fun and put a smile on my face after a hard day of work.  Cayenne just can't emulate that, and I can't imagine Panamera will.

May be I should really testdrive a RS4 or a M3-sedan but I am afraid I will like it and I will leave Porsche.

Monster

--
93' Guard Red 968 Coupe