Seraphim:
Shakal:
dreamcar:

But why, oh why did BMW have to burden this "sports car" with the unecessary weight of a folding metal hard top - I'm guessing here but it must be at least 150 - 200kg heavier than a rag-top.  And this weight is high up in the car, the very last place you want weight!!!!!Smiley

Further proof that BMW haven't a clue how to make a proper sports car - and I love BMW's - they are probably the worlds best mass produced engine builder by a clear margin and my 123d daily drive is one of the best cars I've ever owned. 

--
Boxster S 3.4 06 Cobalt / Ocean Blue BMW 123d M Sport 08 Le Mans Blue / Lemon

Last rumour I heard is that BMW will likely built coupe version too. Reason for that is many current Z4 owners complain about heavy weight of new Z4.

I think Audi did better job with chassis, Audi TT 2.0 TFSI is 200 kg lighter than Z4 23i, even TTS is lighter than Z4 23i.

I would be very happy if this is true. I like this car very much and would love to see a coupe version which is much lighter.

Any idea of when to expect it?

--
V6, V8 or V10?

Coupe will seperate to a roadster - it will be lighter, lower, stiffer with different design features like bigger air-intakes,  rear diffusor, ducktail spoiler... BMW already tested Z4 with fixed roof (roof was covered with black tape, so we thought its folding hardtop roof).

But I still have high hopes for upcoming Z4 , in this video it seems well balanced in corners. Next month I will have a test drive, I hope I will like it...