reginos:
ed_moree:
I think by not having the PDK the Porsche finally admited that those stupid buttons are the worst mistake that they have made, a real sports car like the GT3 can´t be driven with a gearbox that works the other way round. So we have to wait for the market dept. to come with an excuse and after that we, maybe, will get the PDK. Or if the costs are too big to change the working way of the buttons we will see it just in the 998 GT3 (or 991 the name it will have). As about the rest of the car I like it very much. 

Changing the direction of the buttons or even changing to the more usual interface of paddles, is a matter of software mainly and an afternoon's work for Porsche engineers, if they need to or want to do it. There must be other reasons for the " manual only" GT3.

However, may I ask you for how long (time and distance) have you been using the PDK interface? And why you haven't adapted to it yet? And what exact problems you have encountered? Please share your experiences with us.

--
It's not where you're going, it's how you get there that counts

I don´t have a car with PDK but I have tried the PDK and it is not working! It is totaly the other way around. And I´m not talking about how the gearbox changes the gears, but about when you have to change them. You have to constantly think about... "I push to change up, and pull to change down" so when you want to go fast, specially on a road you don´t know... this is very disconcerning... and frustrating. And I don´t even talk about if you steer at that time and your hands for what so ever reason are not in the "correct" position. 

Now this thing we talked about it so many times in this forum and maybe you will acuse me about not using it all the time... and so on. And if I was the only one here to say that it is wrong I shut my mouth, but every review drive test, group test... made by who ever you want in this world has the same sentence: fantastic gearbox pitty for the way you have to change the gears. And read the magazine you want to: EVO, CAR magazine, Garage 419, Driver´s Republic, Autocar,.. even magazines dedicated to Posche like: 911&Porsche world or GT Purelyporsche, just to name a few. EVO even name it as the biggest disapointment of the year! And I totally agree. Of course that it will be more difficult to hear from a Porsche PDK owner because not that many will say: "hey I bought the wrong gear selector in my car! how happy am I! I will spent the next 5 years of my life learning how to drive it." And I think any Porsche should be like you get in and drive fast the first time you are in it! Also it is very interesting that at the beginning Porsche said they put the buttons because of Mr. Rohrl´s recomandation. Interesting this guy never come back saying this is true ant showing that this is the best way to change gears, latter Mr. Wiedeking came out saying that they did it because Porsche can´t copy Ferrari and the last one I have heard from another manager is that they did it because there was no space to place the paddles btween the instruments and steering... well....

Maybe you have a PDK car and I´m sure you don´t like to hear that. And maybe you even get adapted to it but lets face it::it is like you go to the best restaurant and every time you get the table at 5 cm from the toilet room. After a while you may get used to but it does not mean that there is not the better table in the restaurant. And here is where we should all complain to Porsche for not giving us the best table in the best restaurant. Because after all this is all about Porsche: best restaurant with best services! Or at least is how I see the things!

--
ALL PORSCHE ARE REAL PORSCHE!!!