Crash:
KresoF1:
Lars997:

For me the answer is different.

I dont compare it with an Sedan, I compare with the 911. A well spec'ed Carrera S is easily 120.000 €. For this price I could get an Panamera S, which is a sportscar with space for wife, kids and golf bags. Finally a chance to drive a sportscar whenever I want, not only  when I plan to make a Sunday cruise where I don't need space for Family or one of my hobbies. I have to admit that more and more I have to plan this trips as most of time I need space while driving to any activities.

Out of that view, the Panamera is an real Option for me making the change from the 911 to a spacious sport-limo-car.

Lars,

Do you reallyy belive that Panamera S is a sportscar with space for four people?Smiley

Again, any version of Panamera a sportscar?Smiley

997.2 Carrera S is indeed about 120K € in Germany with nice equipment. BUT, it is a proper sportscar. For 5K € more you can buy Audi R8 4.2 FSI which is again a proper sportscar or Audi RS6 which is NOT a proper sportscar but, a nice sporty limousine...

If Porsche marketing is good enough to made you to belive that Panamera is a sportscar(?!) then they are very, very good indeed...

I guess it really depends on what he´s looking for in a car, Kreso. If it´s to be used as an Autobahn blaster, then it will certainly be on par with the 911. I don´t think he really assumed that the Panamera would compete with a 911 on twisty roads.

Hmm... I do not agree. Why? Lars was talking about Panamera S, with 400ps and 2000kg it can not be as fast as 997.2CS in straight line. Did you read RC comments? Even Panamera Turbo will not be as fast as RS6 for example in straight line.

Panamera is IMHO aimed at Audi S8 or Maser QP buyers. Of course, current Porsche buyers as well, specially Cayenne Turbo buyers. Just, question is as RC pointed out-how much? And what are we getting for that price?

Regarding looks as I wrote before Panamera is unique car a la Citroen Ds in its glory days...