This is only a rumour, so please take it with a grain of salt:

1.  apparently Porsche decided to improve the standard options on the Panamera, providing a better value for the money

2. speaking of money: the rumored  base price tag of the Panamera S is rumored to be around 94000 EUR (incl. 19% tax) in Germany. This is around 16000(!) EUR more than the price tag of the Cayenne S in Germany.

If true, Porsche takes the Panamera to a pretty ambitious price level in my opinion. In the current economic situation, this could be a mistake. The Panamera is a new product, I don't know if customers are willing to take "risks" in such "troubled times".

What worries me regarding the Panamera is also the way Porsche "handles" Cayenne marketing. The Cayenne apparently transformed from the "money bringer" and "Porsche saviour" to the "black sheep".

I was really interested in the Panamera, despite the ugly rear. Now I think I'm going to pass on this car and since Porsche seems to have a love-hate relationship with the Cayenne, I may even change the brand completely.

A fully equipped Panamera S for over 110000 EUR? No thanks. For this price tag, I can get a fully equipped Audi RS6, including a much better performance and a less attraction catching look. 

I hope the 94000 EUR price tag is only a rumor but unfortunately "our" rumors tend to become reality. Smiley

--
RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor 997 Turbo, Cayenne Turbo S, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW