reginos:

@RC: IMO you are analysing designs and shapes too much and definitely more than the normal buyer.

Everything is a matter of taste and nobody's taste is right or wrong.

For example I find the new 7series too ordinary looking for an expensive limousine and I wouldn't buy one in spite of its marvelous technik.

The 4porte is surely handsome but again it looks to me old fashioned and or if I want to be positive about it too "neoclassical" for my taste.

I try to make it "short" because I have to leave from the office Smiley:

1. somebody who earns his money the hard way always thinks too much when it comes to new acquisitions. I'm afraid there is no "normal" buyer for a 150000 EUR car. 

2. if the Panamera is a matter of taste, Porsche is in deep trouble. I had more than 8 different Porsche in the past 10 years, if I refuse buying one because of how it looks, this is bad in my opinion.

3. in Germany and in some other countries, it is very counterproductive in most businesses if the car you're driving is looking very expensive. So most business men over here prefer limousines which do NOT catch the eye too much. This is why the 7 series has so much success over here in Germany, the country who invented the "de-badging". Smiley

4. the Quattroporte is exactly of how a sporty limousine should look, it may look a bit outdated but sometimes the inside is more important than the outside. Look at Bentley for example.

I don't know what car you're driving right now but I have a feeling that it isn't a Porsche.

Correct me if I'm wrong. I think we're going to "force" users to unveil their ride in the signature because it is really difficult sometimes to talk to people who may live in a different car world.

NOT necessarily referring to YOU, just as a general remark because it would make our life easier. 

The Panamera is a great product, from a technical standpoint of view nothing sensational but a good product, especially judging by the fact that this is Porsche's first limousine.

The rear is just horrible. It definetely looks a bit better in reality, simply because the Panamera is huge and you can't overlook the whole car with one short look. IF you look at it from a slight distance, the "ugliness" of the rear part is more apparent.

I don't know if somebody wants to start a bet but I bet that the first Panamera facelift will change the rear part. Somebody willing to take the risk? Smiley

--
RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor 997 Turbo, Cayenne Turbo S, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW