Atzporsche:

Guys RC is just like us, guessing... he could be wrong. Don't hold anyone accountable for speculating on here... we're all speculating putting in our thoughts to try to come to terms with the excitement that is a new Porsche in the coming! weather 991 or 928 who cares, i think we're all super excited. I've been looking closely at mules for years now and RC has been more right than wrong because he's got many sources, which is why i think his words count for a lot in these speculations. 

I personally do not think this is the next 911 because the shape is different. Yes porsche could make a bold move with the 991 but i highly doubt it. The overhangs are just not 911... spin it however you will.. we don't even need to know where the engine in this mule is IMO.

I asked a couple of car enthusiasts at my work who know nothing about the camo/mule industry of prototypes and all 5 guys concluded it "kinda has bulky proportions unlike a 911" Now from the Panamera mules, we've learned that the bulky panels aren't all stuffed mules or camo... rather it is the real thing. So with that in mind, seeing these mules run around with their bulky low look and long rear overhand, not to mention the huge covered rear wing section... i conclude it should be something else than the next 911.

Keep us the good work guys... let's do this for months and months :)

--

2005 Ford Focus S, 5spd
1986 Porsche 944, 5spd

997 Mules had the same "huge covered rear wing section”, matter of fact it may even be the same exact one, think I have a pic of it at my office. It has to look like that to give the motorized wing underneath room to go up & down. Which is just another reason it’s the next 911 if you look at that piece of camo it shows exactly the space needed for the rear wing to deploy.    

Dunno why some of you guys can’t see this being the next 911, it's certainly closer in shape to the 997 than the 996 was to the 997 & the whole roof is exactly 911, what are the chances of another model using the same roof line as the 911? I really can’t see how there would be a motor under the front bonnet so what's the chances of another model w/ the same roofline as the 911 w/ the engine in the rear? Even the bonnet, front bumper, rear quarter &  front fender are 911 only they are more flared out, which is exactly what people wanted & the direction the 911 was going.

I've seen all kinds of crazy camo but I just don’t buy the theory that Porsche is going to create a 911'ish one off body/roof just for a front engined test mule & put the engine in the rear of what will be a front engined car, just to fool people. What in the world would be the purpose of testing a mule in the first place if the engine isnt where it's supposed to be? There would be nothing to test in that case.

Everybody knows the next 911 shape isn’t going to be dramatically different. The roofline will be similar, the shape, the body panels will probably see some further molding i.e.) 996 vs. 997 so really the big changes will be in the front & the rear. And what do you know the parts that aren’t really camoed are the areas that probably won’t change dramatically while the areas (front/rear) that will see the most changes are covered up by huge amounts of camo on this test mule. Heck, even the timing for seeing the next 911 mules now makes sense..

ps: And I respectfully disagree - Engine location IS important, it's the biggest clue - Reason:  Porsche will not build another REAR engined sports car for MANY reasons.  Engine in the rear on the mule = next 911.

--

08 Porsche Turbo Cab/ 06 Ferrari 430 / 04 Durango Hemi /04 HD Screamin Eagle / 93 HD Nostalgia