eclou:
AUM it is a standard on the GTR but don't try to pretend that the RE70R is like a regular street tire. The durometer does not lie. The <5k treadlife does not lie. Looking up the availability of the RE70R shows it to be manufactured only in the sizes for the GTR.  It is not the same as the RE70.
--

track vid

0-300kph

chasing a 997GT2

Here is a link to another forum that has many pages on this topic. After reading all that, I have nothing left to add! 

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=48&t=605408&i=100 

Here is a sample:

T.Suzuki's capability in the GT-R is unmatched and certainly will never be tested by drivers who have never driven anything as dynamically unique as the GT-R.

When was the last time W.Rorhl or Wolfgang drove an ATTESSA platformed AWD car with a 600lb engine over the front axle and a 350lb gearbox over the rear axle?

I'll tell you: Never.

Nissan understands this situation completely. For the Nurburgring press intro to the GT-R last year they had called in a group of drivers for the purpose of taking the less experienced press for a lap around the nurb. During their time there these drivers produced lap times of 7:44 upwards with most coming in at 7:55 to 7:58 and some as low as 8:13.

Suzuki, being the primary test driver, is the only one capable of driving the GT-R to it's real limit.
--