WAY:
MKSGR:
WAY:
Wow, this really want to make me go out there and order a GT-R.  I never thought a GT-R could be faster than a GT2, but I think it confirms that the GT-R is a monster and will be faster than a 911 turbo anywhere (except in a straightline perhaps).  Impressive.

Don't do it. The GTR might keep up with a 997TT (pre-FL, after the FL next year the 997TT will be a much better performing car...) for 1-2 laps. However, the high weight and the (my perspective) low quality of the car (gear-box, brakes, ...) will show you soon why the GTR is so cheap.

The price/quality ratio iof the GTR is fine. However, if you have the money (and don't need the interior space offered by the GTR) the 997TT is the better car. Just my humble opinion.

Would your opinion change if I said that it will not be used on the track other than say once or twice a year track day?  I have a track car so I won't be buying a GT-R for the track.  Of course I will bring it to the track once in awhile as it would be hard to resist not taking such a quick car to the track!  And although a 997.2TT would always be a consideration, in this economic climate it's best not to overspend where not necessary (won't say no until I drive it though!). Smiley  Any new car I buy would preferably have a back seat as I have a baby.  I just feel like buying a quick 2+2 in the next year that I can enjoy and have the baby in it when I want to.  911 is always the default choice but 997.2 just feels so similar to my 997.  This is where cars like Evora and GT-R really interest me!
Agreed, if you would not use the GTR on the track the brakes, gear-box etc. will be absolutely fine. However. 1 track day might already be enough. I am saying this as my 599GTB is really not well suited for certain GP track types (like HHR, Lepizig etc.). The car ruins the tires each time I use it. Also, the brake pads wear much too quick. These heavy cars are simply not suited for GP type tracks. You cannot believe how much better a GT2, GT3 or even 997TT is suited for such events Smiley