Joost:

OK, will ask the fatigue experts at my work for it, might have some interesting info.

Back to the wheel, as I understand it, this is not a problem of the carbon part, but of the magnesium. How is the magnesium mounted onto the carbon? And why isn't the wheel totally out of magnesium,. or totally out of carbon? There are more wheels made out of magnesium, arent there? Is this a different alloy then?

-Joost-

--

Porsche, seperates LeMans from LeBoys

I have seen pictures of an all carbon wheel but never seen one used. What this tells me is the center section has to be non-carbon. Interestingly enough, there willl be 3 versions of cabon wheel:
Old Dymag: Carbon barrel, magnesium center (the fractured wheel).
New Dymag: Carbon barrel, magnesium-aluminum alloy center.
HRE-Dymag: Carbon barrel, aluminum center.

Incidentally, the following was posted on that same thread. I believe Dymag is offering some sort of center replacement for owners. If I own Dymag, there is no question I would not use the wheel until then. 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Dymag has changed the center disc material to a forged exotic metal called Magnalium this is a hybrid of Magnesium and Aluminum and contains the best properties of each. The magnesium offers the lightweight and strength and the forged aluminum offers the non-corrosive property that is one of the downfalls of magnesium.

This new center disc material will be on every new Dymag wheel starting delivery next month we stopped taking oders in August so that we could be sure of the testing of the new material I will attach the updates I recived on the testing but you can be sure that DYMAG wheels are properly tested to the multiply requirements of TUV,JWL,DOT and they have passed independent test by General Motors in both the Cadillac and Corvette divisions as well as Mclaren.

--

Regards,
Can
997 Turbo + Cargraphic Exhaust (Exhilarating Sound!) + Bilstein PSS10 (Review)