It's my first 911. I must look to veteransfor my lack of motoring knowledge. Coming from boxster, this question seems logical to me since the engine of the boxster is not exposed on the back with air inlets and cooling on the side... 

911... the engine is on the REAR... I popped the back of the hood, nice engine... clean and all... I saw 1 fan for cooling and 2 inlets for air intake into the engine for combustion... However, the wing has slits that slant down so in normal cases for rain, water should slide through... but afterall, given the angle, water will seep in.  If I wash the car (just like when it rains) or hose water off... , water will hit the fan and the air intake, I presume that it is of no problem?  I am just trying to find out. Most cars engine is protected from water by the hood and engines are in the front and the air intake is in the front and water seldom seep in... I washed my car this weekend and water definitely seeped in through the rear inlets for cooling and air intake.

I presume that given 911's ingenious design, it is of no problem but in general, I always think that no water should get into the engine? Water did hit the cooling fan and the air inlets as the slits on the back goes right through into the engine?