Ziggy:
Whoopsy:
DJM48:

Congrats Mike! Beautiful combination. 

Mine gets PPF later this week and I will get my hands on it mid next week. 

Whoopsy, you might be the last on RT after all.

These might be of interest. I think I will order a set.

http://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-and-911r/957952-lwbs-protective-bolster-covers.html

David

The last of the 911Rs should be in the Exclusive workshop getting worked on right now, I don't think there will be any more going down the production line. 

As for those hideous thing, I will pass. The seat on the R already has padding at that spot.

4f0b7f94da-1024x683.jpg

There is a actually a story to that piece of leather. When Porsche first show us the 918 in prototype form, there wasn't such a piece on the seats. Some people like to have their seat adjusted higher and that unpadded carbon fibre edge almost always get sat on by customers because of the small door opening. Rock hard carbon fibre and meaty ass don't mix Smiley For others that avoided the ass contact, the thigh is the next target and the hard carbon fibre also don't do well with thigh muscles. So they came up with such a solution to that problem. And it was a no cost option on the 918, I don't think there is ever a car ordered without that piece. 

That piece stayed on as standard equipment for the GT4 and GT3RS. But because of the much bigger door opening in those 2 cars, the entry problem isn't a problem anymore. When I get into my GT3RS, I don't touch that part of the seat, the 'rubbing is actually mostly on the forward section of the seat side, the front piece. 

Thanks for the insider info on that piece of leather.  This is priceless. Smiley

Very interesting indeed wink​​​​​​​

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS